Pneumatic conveying systems are essential to the logistics and transportation industry, and their importance will only increase in the coming years. As the industry continues to evolve, there are several key trends to look out for in the upcoming year in the pneumatic conveying systems market.
In this blog, we will take a closer look at the global market for pneumatic conveying systems, including key market drivers, regional analysis, challenges and restraints, and competitive strategies being adopted by industry players.
We will also examine the expected market growth and its potential impact on the logistics and transportation industry to give you a general overview of the industry trends for pneumatic conveying systems in the upcoming year.
- According to a report by The Brainy Insights, the global market for pneumatic conveying systems is expected to grow from $26.81 billion in 2021 to $44.91 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.9%. This growth is driven by the increasing popularity and demand for automated delivery systems and logistics and the rising use of automated material handling equipment.
Key Market Drivers
- The shift to pneumatic conveying systems over mechanical systems is driven by the benefits of the former such as low maintenance costs, fewer space requirements for installation, higher flexibility, and durability.
- Rising concerns about consumer health and safety are driving manufacturers in various industries to use automated pneumatic conveying systems. These systems guarantee product hygiene by preventing material contamination and ensuring safety for the end consumer.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to lead the market, driven by the booming pharmaceutical market, as well as new and proactive government reforms to support the growth of the manufacturing industry in India and China. Additionally, the region's growing population and increasing disposable income are raising the demand for automated systems.
Challenges and Restraints
- Large power requirements to drive the conveyor and constant monitoring can act as a restraint on market growth.
- The need for bigger dust collection systems and the sluggish growth in certain end-use industries such as metal & mining can act as challenges over the forecast period.
- The lack of skilled professionals to operate these systems and the high costs of installing and integrating automated systems can also hinder market growth.
- Companies in the pneumatic conveying industry are focusing on strategies such as product innovation, mergers and acquisitions, and partnerships to enhance their market position. For example, Atlas Copco AB, a major player in the pneumatic conveying systems market, acquired Reno A/S to expand its global footprint.
Overall, the growth in the pneumatic conveying systems market is driven by the increasing popularity and demand for automated delivery systems and logistics, as well as the rising use of automated material handling equipment. However, the market's growth may be hindered by various challenges, such as the need for more skilled professionals, high costs of installation, and the need for bigger dust collection systems. With research & development, these systems can be fully automatic and affordable. Companies in the industry are focusing on strategies such as product innovation, mergers, and acquisitions, and partnerships to enhance their market position.